If you are searching for a way to cure sweaty hands you are probably all to familiar with the horrible effects that hands that produce an excess of sweat can have on your life. Hands that are constantly dripping of sweat can really have a devastating effect on your life. You can have problems such as:
- Trouble holding pens, pencils and other utensils.
- Difficulty holding onto paper items because the sweat ruins the paper.
- Difficulty in completing any computer related tasks such as typing or playing video games
- Difficulty playing sports, catching balls, lifting weights, etc.
- Social anxiety because you never want to meet new people or be in a situation where you have to shake hands.
- Problems meeting potential relationship partners because you do not want to hold hands.
- Employment issues because you are anxious about interviewing and meeting potential employers or clients.
I am sure that you can probably add a few more points to this list in the way that your sweaty hands are affecting your life.
Because excessively sweaty hands can have a huge impact on your life, researchers have worked hard to find an effective way to cure sweaty hands. There are multiple treatment methods on the market but they all have their pros and cons. I am going to go over a few of the pros and cons so you can make an informed decision about how you are going to proceed in finding a way to stop your hands from sweating.
1. Hand Gels and Antiperspirants.
Pros: Few side effects, can be very effective for people with light to moderately sweaty hands.
Cons: Expensive to continue to purchase more supplies, ineffective for people with excessively sweaty hands, can cause skin irritation.
2. Oral Medication.
Pros: Very effective in the treatment of sweaty hands.
Cons: Excessive side effects that make this method hard to continue. Side effects include nausea, dryness of the mouth, drowsiness, visual problems, dizziness and make make the whole body stop sweating and in turn void your body of one of its body temperature control techniques.
3. Botox Injections.
Pros: Localized effect meaning that only sweating in the palms is stopped, very effective, can be used for a long period of time.
Cons: Painful, expensive, can cause weakness in the hands, have to continue to get Botox injections every few months.
Pros: This is the most effective method and has very few side effects. Using Iontophoresis you can permanently cure sweaty hands. One can expect to feel a mild tingling in the palms but this is short lived.
Cons: An Iontophoresis machine is expensive to purchase. You have to initially spend about 20 minutes a day for 2 weeks on this method. Once the first 2 weeks has been completed maintenance is only once per month.
5. ETS Surgery.
Pros: Completely stops sweating in hands. Only needs to be carried out once. No recurring costs or treatments.
Cons: Risk of nerve damage or artery damage, increased sweating in other areas.